WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR THE HOMELESS SICK
with their heart in the right place
Respitehouse HouseMartin is a guesthouse located on the edge of the Schilderswijk. It is a house for the sick who have no roof over their heads. Based on referral from the street nurse team, 5 guests can stay in our house for a short time to recover from illness or to recuperate after hospitalization.
We are looking for volunteers who can cook.
- you prepare, cook and serve affordable, healthy meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- you compile varied menus;
- you buy the ingredients and are responsible for clearing the tables and washing up;
- you do not perform nursing actions. For dealing with guests, attention and good listening are key words;
- you are available for at least 1 part of the day (4 hours) per week/per two weeks.
For this task you are:
- balanced in life;
- able to listen well;
- empathetic to people who live without a roof over their heads;
- respectful of the habits of guests in addition to your own norms and values;
- experienced with the tasks for which you want to commit;
- preferably familiar with a non-Western language.
- a pioneer, evolving organization on the move with many social challenges;
- good guidance and training.
Does this call touch you? Want to know more? Then quickly contact Kaoutar or Lerina. They can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone via 06 35 60 84 97.We look forward to your reactio